View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHC
If the Devs are reworking it is because they would like to make it less complicated so that all the RPers and the PVEr can also do it without getting rolled by the real pvpers. And since in ever MMO RPers and PVErs out number the pvpers 100 to 1, it is a good business move for them to do this.

There is nothing wrong with ground other than people crying a lot. Please give me 2 or 3 things that is wrong with ground to the point that it would make it unplayable.
First of all, people who pvp in space are pvp'ers too. Sorry to break it to you. And if you don't think I do pvp very much, perhaps you should ask around... start with Ninjaboy... he knows I pvp once or twice

I spend 80% of my game time doing pvp, so just stow that elitism away.

Problems

1) Seeing your opponents on radar is dumb. It removes tactical movement opportunities and ambushes. It would be more fun to NOT know where everybody is.

2) To be proficient at ground, you cannot spec into space fully. If I wanted ground pvp, I would turn on Guild Wars and play some real ground pvp. As it is, this is Star Trek. I did not get this game to go pew pew on the ground, using a boring combat system. There are games with much better ground battles than this.

3) For all the time the devs have spent on space, they have barely touched ground. Imbalances that have existed since day one have ( with a few exceptions ) been here since beta. Instead of revamping space with every patch, they need to deal with ground

4) Weapon ranges: It seems to me that a sniper rifle should shoot farther than a pistol. Maybe I am stupid for believing this.... The weapons are not fully realized. There should be a clear reason to use a pistol vs a rifle. This would include pistols being good up close, bad at range,..and rifles being good at range but bad up close. Right now, it really doesn't matter too much.

I am sure I could keep going. There are better ground games out there. If you think people got STO because they were hot to trot for ground combat...you are in the vast minority. It needs work. As it is right now,.. it feels like a tacked on after-thought.