View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Oh I definitely get it, and I honestly cant say I would do it any differently were I in your position with what you have to work with. However, I am slightly concerned about the weekly episodes. While I have REALLY enjoyed the past two, at some people the Feds should be fighting the Klingons, Romulans, and Cardies again, and if you design a mission like that it wont work for whichever of those factions I just mention tries to play it. So are your plans for the weekly episodes to pretty much never use any of the main factions as enemies again or what?
Not necessarily true. We do want to introduce conflict between our main factions in future episodes. You are correct in that it is tricky because we have to create missions from 2 different perspectives, but there is nothing stopping us from doing this from a technical standpoint.

I'm pushing for the next two series to exclusively take place in locations around Klingon space so that we can start to introduce these sorts of elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
The only thing I think we desperately need is a "hook" like the Federation diplomatic corps. I believe a House system with a similar design philosophy would go a long way to making us feel more of a separate but equal faction.
I tend to agree with this and why I keep bringing up some sort of territory game. We really need to go back and tell the story of why the KDF and FED are at war and build some content around that whole neutral zone conflict. I'm not sure how fast we'll be able to make this (we've been talking about it for a while) but I'm hopeful that once UGC is available - the constant content pressure will be off my team enough that we can take a breather and work on something like this.