View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-10-2010, 11:54 PM
While I agree it doesn't work with the ingame timeline or genre; I do not understand how this is an issue about 'Americans' vs 'non-Americans' aka 'everybody else' or national identity...

Monsters killed 3000 people in a horrific way; I understand if Cryptic doesn't want to mark it because of the fact that this is supposed to be a video game aka 'a means of escape from the harsh realities of life that we're trying to switch off for a few hours' and cryptic doesn't want to harsh our mellow while we're having fun.

However, to make this a controversy about nationality and attitudes, or joke about how it was 408 years ago, I do not it find tasteful or funny. I don't know of one peace loving or compassionate person across this beautiful but often dangerous world that would not care about the massacre of 3000 individuals or have an issue with giving them some small measure of honor on this day, even a subdued one...

The folks at Cryptic are people too you know; they might not make an announcement but I'm sure they'd have no problem with the community paying respects, I bet they'll even join in...
In fact... I'm going to organize something ingame during my radio show tonight...