View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-14-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It has nothing to do with stupid beasts of war. It is Klingon mentality. They need to show their strength to the Breen. .
Ah, strength can be shown with superior tactical thinking as well as the power of one's arm. This mission is fun, but only gives the Klingon one option, and I think it could offer more. A simple, decisive shot to the Vessels shield generators and a quick and effieicient Beam out of the slaves- then blowing the Breen to vapor should be possible.
Make the "decisive" shot a random chance affected by a series of possible Player character bonuses, id neccassary. Heck, if we are theorycrafting, redesign the mission to have a optional rescue based on the three archetypes played by the character base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The survival of the Deferi has no real relevance for someone born in the Klingon culture.

Showing your willingness to sacrifice some innocents for your goal proves how serious the Klingons are. Out-Tricking the Breen just shows that you have a weak spot - you didn't want those slaves to die..
Are not the Klingon honor bound by an old debt to protect the Deferi as best as our honor demands? Think of the secondary idea as "counting coup", which is a time honored pratice in most warrior cultures. I take first that which you have denied me, then I kill you as show for others of your culture to know - We are a foe worthy of your fear and respect.