View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 29 Not Rediculous
09-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
Yeah, I did. I have also watched all Trek to date, and outside of those special situations, I do not see Borgified ships all over Starfleet. Nor would there be any. It is Starfleet, not an assimilation of art directions.

This is yet another rediculous exanple of a few lifers NEEDING to be more special than everyone else even if it totally destroys any semblance to reason. Make all the excuses for it you like, it is just plain silly and childish.

But hey, keep harping on it, surely Cryptic will add it in for 25.00 just for you "special" folks. They don't care if this "universe" makes sense or respects tjhe IP or not apparently. 'Sides, it would go so well with the 21st century formal wear.
There is nothing rediculous about customization of the game. The more unique each player is able to make his ship, toon, bo's and etc the better. Each ship should have abilities that diferentiate it from other ships more so than exists currently... a good example being the KDF carrier which is just a big cruiser that can launch a small handful of fighters, it should be more of a carrier and less of a cruiser. A good example of ship specialization would be the Akira class which if I remember correctly is a torpedo ship, it should come with fewer gun slots but have the ability to fire larger numbers of torpedoes. The Nebula is a cruiser/science ship hybrid so a good way of making it unique is to give it extra science slots or a Commander rank science slot along with the typical cruiser stuff.