View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4 Meh....
09-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes. As stated above, the standard procedure for Saucer Separation, in cannon, is that the ship non-military personell... Families, Dignitaries, Guests, Children, Tribbles, (little joke) etc... are all loaded up an the saucer and use it as an escape vessel. I mean, it has no star drive, no photon torpedo launchers, only belly and dorsal phaser arrays. Just is basically a giant canoe without the power of the Drive sections warp engines to power it.

However, for the sake of the game, I like the Saucer separation a lot.... I have been going back and fourth on it, though. My normal ride is an Assault Cruiser. I'm fully stat'd and loaded for damage dishing, and tanking, particularly loaded for more Kinetic resistance. Anyway... I have a hard time letting go that extra killin power of my assault cruiser, especially when I have such a hard time figuring out what to do with that extra engineer spot, which can only have so many abilities at that level, most relating to ship's power.

I'd like to hear people's opinions about which ship is better, and why? Of if you believe it's circumstancial, then what circumstances are better to use the Retrofit Model or the Assualt Model?