View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
It's disappointing to see the Tribbles I earned for testing going up for sale for whatever arbitrary number cryptic dreams up. It also makes me wonder if any reward is safe from the C Store.

In fact I'd like Cryptic to be more open and up front about the C-Store, what will and will not end up on it, when it ends up on the store, how they decide on pricing, etc.

Something like;
Test Server Reward tribbles will not go on the C Store for a minimum of 6 months after the initial reward date.
We calculate C Store pricing based on the average hours of gameplay required to earn the item in game, so a Tier 5 Retrofit is faily priced at thousands of points as to earn it in game requires levelling to Vice Admiral.
Where items in the store cannot be earned in game we calculate their price based; on the number of developement hours used, the accessability to the item (Feds only, Klink only, universal etc.), and the usefulness of the item (player species, costume pack etc).

The existing pricing for some items compared to others seems nuts. Cryptic charge 240 points for an additional player species. But want 280 points for Costume pack?!

My main disappointment though is that the Nebula has been delayed, possibly due to appeasing the Klinks (a decision I don't understand, but that's a rant for another time.).