View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
I know I can't win this one so this is my rant.

Fluidic and Borg Tribbles should not be available in the C-Store. Unlike the "exclusive" items that we purchase with the game. (That I also think should not be available in the C-Store but that another issue.) These items we actually had to earn. We had to play on Tribble Test Weekend a three day event. This makes us special and gives others a reason to do Tribble Test Weekend. When other players see them they are wow by them.
The tribbles don't make us special in any way. You could also earn them by just hanging around spacedock and spamming instead of testing new content. What makes you "special" is actually testing, giving good and precise feedback and a few other things neither a tribble nor a title can show.

Quote:
I also play on Tribble when an issue in game comes up that is important to me like the PvP queue or Data Samples bugs. I know that when we finely see the crafting or ground combat updates I will be there.
So do I. But again this is something a tribble doesn't show. If someone tests every single patch on Tribble, gives feedback and reports bugs but his internet is down during the test weekend he doesn't get a tribble.

Quote:
Now if all we need to do is wait a couple of months to buy them what's the point of Tribble Test Weekend. Less players will show up to Tribble Test Weekend.
The most important part of testing is giving feedback, keeping bugs off Holodeck and influencing what makes it life in what shape. That already should be enough. And we will still get special tribbles first and for free.