View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
I just scanned the entire thread and - as I remembered - the ship's tier was not mentioned anywhere. All they say is "TOS Constitution Refit". Which in itself is a little contradictory, given that the Refit was not the TOS Connie. But I'm going to assume they mean "Refit" in the sense of the game, aka making it a higher tier. But what tier? That is yet to be announced.

If it should end up being a T5 ship, then of course there is no reason not to have the movie Constitution or the NX there as well, given that it won't make much of a difference.

And I apologize for the debate, but you have to see it is a tricky subject. As demonstrated in the infamous NX-thread, it's not just a few people who are for or against the implementation of such features - and naturally both parties should be able to voice their opinion wherever it is discussed, lest we may end up with a false impression. Now that this is done I shall let it rest.
You are correct, they don't say T5 specifically. For the life of me, I thought they did.

But, I think the reason I thought that is because they call it a TOS Connie Refit and it makes me think they will be producing a "Refit" akin to the Galaxy, Intrepid and Defiant Refits.

So it could easily be a T5, or they could make it a T4 like the Galaxy-X.

And like I said, T4 would be fine. Still makes it a versatile ship for end game PvE and such without upsetting end game PvP balance.

And there is no need to apologize for the debate. I have no problem with debate, as long as it stays civil and the debate is logical. And by everything I've seen Valias, your arguments on both issues (TOS Connie and NX) are well reasoned and you keep things civil. So again, no need to apologize for that.