View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
That's my point.
I do see your point, but none of you will ever convince anyone but a fellow delusional that a BoP can't out turn anything the Feds have.
It does turn slightly faster. It also has one less BO (or, depending on the level, less hull). Most MMO balancing tends to default to a rock-paper-scissors variant. Successful PvPers learn their advantages and disadvantages, and strategise accordingly.

Quote:
Battlecloak is so broken it's laughable. It doesn't even follow Trek rules. Without a deflector shield the cloak can not form, yet Klingons routinely pop BC and run away to return shortly at full strength. Pop a shield restoring power so there's even a bit of shield there and I'd buy it, but I've had a BoP down to a sliver of hull and whoops BC! Be right back.
This sounds very similar to the issues with rogue cloaking earlier in WoW's history. There will be fine-tuning balances, no doubt. Meanwhile there are a number of Fed abilities, like tractor beam for example, that prevent cloaking.

Quote:
If you don't mind fighting unfair fights then this game won't bother you. If you do, you need to know that everything in this game is going to fight unfairly. From the PvE enemies with their numerous holds to the PvP enemies with their numerous holds, you will not see a fair clean fight.

Fair and clean being defined as a fight without holds.
Uh... are you descending into trolling, cos this is just silly...? You see, both sides have these abilities, and you're supposed to figure out how to use them at the right time, to your advantage. If you're looking for a twitch game with perpetual running around, I heartily recommend Quake.
You were one of those people who complained about stuns and fears in WoW, I'm guessing?

Quote:
This game also shoves the fact it's an MMO in your face at all times. You basically need a fleet to reliably PvP. This game should feature the Borg instead of the Federation as it's showcase species as that's what an MMO is all about. If you routinely need 4 other guys to follow you to the bathroom and help, then you won't mind this game. "We are a MMORG, you will be assimilated."
Okay, now I'm convinced you're trolling... but just in case you're not:

'MMO' is an acronym for 'Massively Multiplayer Online'. The idea that lots of other people are going to be involved is rather central to the whole premise. Again, if you're not really happy with this idea, can I suggest the many excellent single-player games on the market. I recommend Steam as a delivery choice, if you're not happy with physical shops and the like.