View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexusPrime
I agree that the damage buff just out of cloak is a little odd, but I don't think removing it helps solve the wait-fest problem FvK or the game-of-chicken in KvK that sees everyone cloak.
There is no cure for people acting like AH's in pvp. Nerfing the use of cloak will only extend the time fram of said matches even more becuase those cowardly Klingons who use such tactics as "wait griefing" will continue to do so and all that would be accomplished by said nerf is the slow death of the fun-factor of those who like cloaking and don't use it to "wait-grief".
Once the Nebula is ingame, it should be relatively easier form a well-teamed fedball to scoure the pvp arena's and discover any cloaked opponents. Which is another reason why I find cloak nerfs unneeded.

Quote:
I agree with your suggestion to improve cloak detection. I have been calling for that since Beta and the Beta version of Mask Enegy Signature. The Devs soluion on that onewas to disable the power for many months without discussion, rework, or even an ETA for a fix. I can't see them doing that to cloaks or even MES now, but I've not been impressed with their previous stealth/invisible solutions.

I've proposed a passive boost to12k distance for sci SHIPS as an inherent (full disclosure my fed Sci Captain flies an Intrepid Refit and a Defiant refit) rather than BTSx level 1 skills. Ive also proposed a sci BOff skill that boosts detction to 7/9/11k distance for 10 seconds. Regardless, effective cloak detection should be more readily available if we intend to leave the current cloak with incentives to play the waiting game.
As do I. Cloak detection is still too hit or miss and needs a better refinement. Even if you can't pinpoint an enemy in cloak, you should still be able to see an aproximantion of where said enemy may be located based on the strength of your cloak detection skills power setting. Perhaps such near hits could show up in the players HUD map as slow pulsing blips of undetermined ranges.