View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-27-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm still wondering about the sign up process to play test UGC. I can see it working for one of its purposes: to allow those that don't want to see inappropriate content to filter it out (after a long wait for missions to played 10 times or "X" many times). However, if anyone can sign up for play testing, there is no guarantee that kids (or whoever) that shouldn't be seeing a "Vulcan love slave" holodeck program won't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDove
A suggestion, it makes SO much sense to link this to the holodeck on our ships (well, if we had holodecks on our ship). I mean this in two ways, first instead of selecting play/create on sign in, go to your ship (or anyone's ship, or heck, they are on space docks, too). and go to a holodeck. When you're inside you have the option to create program - by selecting it, you're shown the terms of agreement, and when agreed, you're loaded into the foundry side of things.

The other thing is it would be nice to be able to create content for play INSIDE holodecks. By that I mean you'ld be able to set a location as being in the holodeck on the ship, when it's entered you'd be transfered to the selected map (ie a simulation of the 'real' place).
There was a mention of going to the holodeck to play UGC... I'd have to find it. I just wish it would be called the Holodeck, since "Foundry" sounds kind of lame and non-Star Trek.