View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
IOf course... there needs to be some reason you can't just have all ships go together, one point at a time. And to my knowledge STO doesn't have any sort of "mission time limit" mechanic that could help there.
There are a few missions with timers in them (at least a couple early Fed ones vs Klingons), where you have to defend a point for 45 seconds and then the mission moves to the next objective.

( Not that in those missions it seems you can actually fail the timed part. In fact, I know that you used to be able to turn on the Pause in the mission and it would continue to count down and the mission would actually advance objectives and complete itself while paused, not sure if they ever fixed that bug as I didn't think to check it when my most recent alt went through those missions. )

It might be possible to have a timer like that run down and put the mission in a fail state if other objectives haven't been completed before the timer counted itself out. Will depend on how complex we are allowed to script mission objectives.