View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-28-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm enjoying reading other people's ideas. @OP: Thanks for starting this thead.

I think I share some of the interest of other posters. I wrote a mission outline a little while back that involved the androids from Exo II from the original series (although they were all Ferengi). That needs a lot of work and includes a bunch of stuff that I'm sure won't be possible in the actual UGC system when it's finally up and running, but I would like to try and make it work. In fact, I'd like to return to a number of the classic TOS episdoes and work on "what's happened since." I've got some ideas about the Iotians (from "A Piece of the Action") for instance.

The second sort of mission I'm looking forward to working on would be diplomatic/mystery missions. There was another thread a little while back that dstahl started--basically began like an old joke: a Breen and a Ferengi walk into a mining colony run by aliens interested in balance... Lots of people came up with cool ideas about what happened next. I had fun spinning a couple of my own that involved uncovering hidden secrets.

Third, I'd want to generate some stuff with some moral dilemmas. That can be tricky, but would like to take a stab at it.

Overall, I'm not big on combat-oriented missions, so I'll leave that to people with more talent in that direction.

I think the biggest challenge for me is going to be that I'll want to do a bunch of stuff that simply won't be possible with the necessarily limited tools we have (at least at first). But I think it's going to be a blast to see what develops.