View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-29-2010, 12:17 AM
I look at this whole UGC as a unique storytelling opportunity: to create Star Trek episodes where the viewer is also the main character. I want to do missions that actually draw the player in emotionally. I know some of the most satisfying gaming experiences that I've had are when the villain of the story does something so appalling that I actually become emotionally invested in beating him. I want to create a situation like that, where the player has to choose between justice and vengeance.

I'd love to explore areas of the Star Trek universe that we've never seen. What about the Fleet museum? We've heard of it, but we've never seen it.

I'd like to do a shuttlecraft mission. I think I might be able to pull it off, even without a shuttle.

I'd like to put in extra sequences that don't really advance the mission, but add to the realism. Like maybe sticking in a shipboard funeral for fallen crewmembers after a big space battle, like in TWoK. Or having an Admiral come aboard for an inspection.

My God, I can't wait for this thing to be released.