View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 106
10-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Omg... took me ages to finally find the real treasure. Here it is. This thread is epic!

Ok, I just started pvp'ing (thank you faithborn for bringing the right role for me into my mind) and maybe all of you remeber how this was when it all started. I'm not using any macros at all right now, since I didn't know anything about them. But here opens the portal to a bigger reality!

I could use some basic information first, if you don't mind.

First of all I need to get a feeling for what I'll actually want to be macroed. I'm running a lot of skills with two copies. Would it be a good idea to chain them all, in order to halve the keys needed? Sounds like a good idea to me and should be possible without questioning. So chaining ET3 for example freeing one keybind.

Since I'm pvp'ing, shield management reached a whole new lvl of attention and I'm not yet sure how to handle this problem properly. Distributing shields while hammering the fire all phasers button is a nice idea, what else could I bind it to? Or should I just get used to having 3 keybinds for the most needed shield actions (like distribute, aft shields, etc.)?

I'd really love to see some kind of summary of the keybinding of the more experienced players. Just to get an idea what else could be useful, since I'm quite sure there are damn useful things, I don't even think off. You might as well leave out your finest tricks, since you're the pros and worked hard to figure them out, I won't ask you to give this advantage to everyone ^^

Really nice thread overall, I'm ashamed I just discovered it yet. Would have made life so much easier.