View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 114
11-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
The only caveat about binds like this:

/bind space GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 5

is that, as they get longer, there is a chance for it to simply ignore keys (i.e. NEITHER ET might fire.)

Of course, the answer is simple - more spacebar!
You are correct; the resolution to that is to not spam the space bar. Many, many MANY players in this game spam their fire button (space bar, generally) like RiverDance performing on the keyboard. What they fail to realize that a one second keypress is sufficient to fire off all your beam weapons.

By HAVING to slow my use I have found that I am not panicky and MUCH more calm. I am more concentrated in my battles and can actually take a big-picture of the battlefield.

GENERAL ADVICE: SLOW DOWN. Battle is quick and dynamic, but not so much that you need to elevate your heart rate to the point of fibrillation.

PatricianVetinari, did that answer your question? If you just want to see what these HUD elements look like you can type the following into your chat window separately. When you switch instances they will clear from your screen.

/GenJailAdd Hud_Weapons_Root

/GenJailAdd Hud_Bridgecrew_Trays_Root