View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
I don't consider the inclusion of the Captain's Table in the 400 days veteran's rewards as lifers "losing" any benefit.

Simply put, you will still have access to the Captain's Table. So you're not "losing" anything. Other people are gaining access to this area of the game. Considering that one of the biggest complaints regarding the Captain's Table that I see on these forums is, "Nobody ever goes there," I would think that this might help to alleviate that problem a little bit.

Lifetime subscribers also have access to many other perks which are not included in the Veteran's Reward Program, including the Lifer only combadge, in-game and forum title, and the Liberated Borg Playable Race.

So, again, I don't see how you can call this "losing" a benefit, when you will retain access to the benefit, and according to the feedback I have seen, this move may very well increase your enjoyment of that particular benefit.

It's true that we offered (and continue to offer) Lifetime subscribers certain perks as a way to say, "Thank you," to those who have invested in Star Trek Online so much, at such an early point in the game's life. However, the main reason for people to buy a lifetime subscription should always be because they want to play STO for the life of the game, and for many years to come.

Not because they want a blue name and a fancy forum title or access to a nifty playable species in-game.

With that, I'm going to go ahead and close this one down. History shows that this particular topic rapidly decreases into flame wars. I'd rather not see that happen this time.

Thanks,

Stormshade