View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
This is actually an interesting topic but I have a different idea how I would handle things. I'm fine with the stations as they are, but there are a few things I'd like to see added to every ship almost, automatically. First off, Targeting Subsystem is so normal in Star Trek, that you see it almost any episode that ship combat is involved. They're always targetting one of the many subsystems. I would probably make this a standard feature and part of the ship. I'd make higher versions either for science ships inherently, or to ask you to use a BOff skill for it. Likewise Tractor beams are standard fare apart of almost every ship including the runabout. It would be nice to see them like this in the game as well.

That being said, I'd like to see a little more variance in what Bridge Officers can do that four abilities. If you ever change a bridge officer while flying around in space you'll notice there's a pause before the change actually happens. At least its always like this when I do the Infected task force. I wouldn't mind being able to buy other abilities for my bridge officers that are 'back up training' that you can hot swap, in a manner, like kits in space. I'm not suggesting kits though, but just rather being able to swap certain abilities to represent reconfiguration and changing of a tactic. Somehow, I think Spock knew more than just: Hazard Emitters, Science Team II, Tractor Beam, and Tyken's Rift as his entire body of knowledge. That's all I'm getting at.

Also, as a captain if we know and can train the Tier 3 skill? why can't we train 1 and 2? That would also be quite nice to do.