View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 132
11-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcivious
Heya PatricianVetinari, thanks for the spreadsheet, I love the maths. Any plans to update it so we can punch in the new KDF ships? The Orion Cruiser has +5 to all power levels, not sure about the rest though.

EDIT: BTW, any word on if Mission Replay (planned for Season 3) will allow us to get the Efficient Engine?
Hiya Mal, it's good to hear you enjoy the maths.

Yes, I will absolutely update the guide when I get all the data on the new KDF ships!

Unfortunately, I don't yet have a KDF character I could put on Tribble to test the new ships myself, and your post is the first I've seen describing the power benefits. I am slowly leveling a KDF Tac, Eng, and Sci. Eventually I'll have access to the data myself, until then If anyone knows the the power stats for each of the new ships, and can post them here, that would be great!

Also, I have been working on adding a new feature to the guide: I want to add some kind of skill point per power point calculation. It's been slow going, as I've been very busy in Real Life, and the calculations are very complex considering points and costs (and their power affects), differ and vary so greatly over the tiers and settings.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas how they'd like this displayed, or what specific info you'd like to see revealed, I am open to suggests...

Regardless of the new feature, it's easy to add another ship type or three and can throw out a quick Calc update when I get the Ship info. Probably, at latest, within a day or two of the ships hitting Holodeck.

I have heard talk of Mission Replay, and even heard the Efficient Engine being mentioned, but I don't have anything to add to the subject except to say I'm for it and wish we could get an Efficient Engine that scaled with us and wasn't stuck at Mark IV (of course, that would likely be too OP - HA!).