View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Night of the Comet; Comments.
11-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Well, I have to say I'm kind of underwhelmed.

After the near total awesome of the last two episodes, I was looking forward to a big finish, and what do we get?

An easy 1v1 fight.
A handful of moderately challenging fights with Devidians, but nothing we haven't done before.
A meeting with Scotty, who has a strangely lustful attitude that's somewhat out of character;
we get to mix a drink.
A fight which is either a series of moderately challenging 2v1 ship duels or a ridiculous 8v1 slaughter, even on lowest settings. Either way, nothing we haven't seen before.

The highlight of the mission was the slingshot thing, where we're made to actually pilot the ship, which was new and somewhat challenging.

I'd like to have seen failing the slingshot have a consequence. Maybe we end up in the wrong time, and have to figure out a way to get back.

I'd like to know how a bunch of 250 year old klingon ships could pose ANY threat to a state of the art Vor'cha Battlecruiser? Ship to ship fights in the past should be a cakewalk. Ask yourself, would the Ticonderoga Class USS Vincennes have ANY trouble disabling the old tall ship, USS Constitution? Could the Constitution even HURT the Vincennes, or would the cannonballs just bounce off?

The Klingon disruptor pistol reward is too small, and has the pulse sound in addition to the classic disruptor sound, both playing at once. It should be just the classic sound.

I like the classic phaser pistol and rifle. Very nice. Too bad I can't give them to my crew, too (since my whole crew is in TOS uniforms and are still flying a TOS Constitution).

All in all, for me, a disappointing finish.