View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Scotty was never all about the ladies. I can count on one hand the love interests he had, and still have fingers left over. In fact, I can count the number of women that reciprocated his attention and still have ALL my fingers left over.

Let's see...

Mira Romaine, Lights of Zetar. He was interested, but she seemed ambivalent. He hurried around obsessing over her health. Never did get anywhere with her.

Carolyn Palomas, Who Mourns for Adonais. She was just kind of there, and never showed any more interest in him than in any other away team member, even after Scotty got zapped trying to defend her. She quickly went off to be with Apollo. He never did get anywhere with her.

The Dancer, A Wolf in the Fold. On Argelius, he briefly pursued a dancer before being possessed by Redjac and killing her.

I don't usually quote from Memory Alpha, but even there they realized he wasn't a ladies' man.

Quote:
Although a gentleman at heart, life as an engineer for Scott was often lonely, as he often attempted to pursue hopeless relationships with much younger female officers that were often perceived as being out of his league.
A gentleman wouldn't make a comment like the one he made in this mission.