View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I think the graphics in the screenshots look fine...it's the subject matter of the shots (well, the interior shot at least) that makes me scratch my head. A fire burning inside some sort of storage room or cargo bay? That just seems like an odd choice for a screenshot. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see them. I'm just asking if there aren't more exciting screenshots we could see.

As far as the space shot goes...it's looking nice, but I have to repeat my previously stated opinion that most of the space shots we've seen so far seem overly cluttered to me. In this shot, for example, the "landscape" includes: A base. A planet. A ring around said planet. Asteroids. A moon. A nebula. It's just too much. Heck, every screen shot we've seen with the exception of one (I think) has included a nebula of some sort.

I hope this is just an example of wanting to show the most interesting shots for a screenshot (which is sort of the opposite of what we got in the interior) and not the norm when we're actually flying our ships thru space. Space is not that jam-packed with things on a such a regular basis.

Hope I'm not being unfair here.