View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Hello- I'm the gf referred to in the beginning post who apparently is an "ooo look pretty" type of player.

I'd just like to clarify a few things- first, I do usually really enjoy playing the game. The weekly missions are my favorite because of the stories being told- I like being involved in bringing the stories to a satisfying conclusion over the span of a few weeks. That being said, I do work long hours and have limited time to play. I like to jump on once a week, get into the story, and go through and finish the mission as a nice little end to my evening before bed. Plus, it's a good way to stay involved in one of the bf's main hobbies. =)

But, the mission last night was frustrating. Very very frustrating. It was all the more disappointing because the missions leading up to this one were so well done, I was eager to end the story on the same note. I see now that had I been a more savvy player I would have realized that the comet shards were +27 immediately, but unfortunately I am not an experienced gamer. And dying within 5 seconds of respawning over and over again is not the way I was hoping to end my evening.

Fortunately, the bf was able to find a fix as he explained, and I am crossing my fingers in the hopes that will prevent something like this from happening to us again. However, I am concerned about this happening to people who don't have someone like the bf around to find a fix. Honestly, if I had just been playing casually with a friend and had the experience of last night, I might just give up on the game altogether.

I don't know if it's a bug that needs to be fixed, or if the proper way to use the level matching system just needs to be better explained by Cryptic, but something should be done to improve the system. The last thing that anyone wants at this point is something stupid like that turning people away from what is shaping up to be a really awesome game.

Okay- back to work. Shhh, don't tell my boss I was here. ;-)