View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damccull View Post
I agree with the Save/Load option. It'd be awesome to be able to save a uniform as a template for all of your characters. I have another suggestion related to this.

I would like to see a way to choose a default color to represent various departments (for instance, I choose green for tactical, orange for science, etc.). Along with this feature, a couple of extra, special swatches in the color tables that pop up. They can be labeled "department" instead of a color, so if I set my default tactical color to green, and I am making a uniform, I can choose to set one of the colors on one part of the uniform to "Department" instead of a color, and it will then inherit the default color I set up when the uniform is placed on a tactical officer. If the uniform was on an engineering officer, the color on that portion would change to my other default.

That way we could create a single, standard uniform template if we want, and have it useable instantly by all of our officers based on the character's department.
I had to read it a couple of times to get it, but great idea! I am more of a "official canon" guy, but I can definitely see the benefit of this.