View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat
So to be clear, there is an argument here against the Federation having another ship option? From, ostensibly players who say that Federation doesn't need one. Do you really expect us to believe all you guys are turning down a new ship, just because it doesn't fit your idea of canon?
You better believe it. I hate the very idea of Carriers in Startrek. If it was just me, there would never ever have been Carriers in Startrek Online. Carriers are for Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars and Babylon 5. In Startrek, carriers don't make sense.

Would you accept a Star Destroyer or a Death Star for the Federation?

Quote:
Seriously, how many of you guys are really Klingon players who don't want to face Federation Carriers?

C'mon.. its ok, we understand that Carriers are scary and you might want Federation not to have them so you can dominate PvP. But, I don't believe for one minute the anti-carrier crowd here are Feds. I'm pretty sure its obvious to most of the rest of the players here too.
It doesn't matter if the Carrier is the suckiest ship in the game or the best OP s hip in t game, I don't want it.

Quote:
For example the argument against canon is laughable. How many Klingon fighters have appeared on any Star Trek movie or Television show? Zero? Ok, so then the argument is that Federation does not have Carriers even if they do have fighters. Akira. Next? Oh, then there is the argument that Federation doesn't need another shiny new ship. Heh. Ok. Is that all the anti-carrier group can say? Really?
Just because there are fighters doesn't mean there are carriers. All instances where fighters appeared in Startrek (typically DS9), they were flying without any carrier craft.

Just because Cryptic made the mistake of creating Carriers for Klingons doesn't mean we need to repeat the mistake.

If you are worried the ship is OP, don't ask for your own OP ship, ask for a balance patch. That's what will happen anyway if Carriers are deemed OP. Heck, even if they are just deemed too annoying due to lag or targeting issues, they might be changed.