View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Higher difficulty settings give higher rates of quality drops. I don't think the actual drop rate is higher, but if it does drop, there is a higher chance of it being uncommon, rare, etc. I don't know the exact numbers but I believe that on elite, there is 30X better chance of dropping a very rare versus on normal setting. But keep in mind that it is still a very small chance (30x 0.0001 is 0.003).

Also, the difficulty doesn't actually increase in the lower levels, so when you first start out, it will not seem difficult at all. I don't think it actually makes a difference until level 8 or so. It is also a little imbalanced between space and ground. Elite in space is manageable, but elite on the ground is much harder.

The difficulty does scale for the number of players on your team for most missions. The difficulty ramps up mostly be increasing the number of NPC's you have to fight. Doing a mission solo, you will be fighting between 1 and 3 NPCs at a time. With a full team, you may be fighting between 5-15 NPC's.