Thread: Avian Species
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2010, 11:56 PM
I am in support of an Avian species in the game, but not for awhile. IMO, there are plenty of canon races to consider before throwing more obscure TAS races into the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Oh, and one last thing. If they were added, and if the KDF had access to them, you need the option to remove the wings at least for the KDF. Now, I know I know, why make a bird species without wings, but I get the idea from the novel The Final Reflection. I know it's not canon, but it's just an example, so bare with me. There was a servitor, a slave more or less. name Tirian. He was apparently an avian species, but he had no wings. Why? Because during his 'service' in the KDF the captain of the vessel had Tirians lush beautiful wings torn from their very sockets. Why? Because the narrow corridors, the closed in bridge, the tight walkways of 22nd century designed star ships were no place for massive fluffy wings! They were in the way! A federation captain would be more understanding, plus their ships are more... roomy... But a KDF ship, now they may see it another way. So from that, if I get my bird man Bridge officer, I want him WITHOUT the wings.
No. While I'm not exactly pleased that this game allows you to play as a slave, the idea that the game would promote torturing, mutilating or crippling slaves for the sole purpose of some warped pleasure would be far too outrageous.

Other than that, the idea of an avian species without wings seems pointless and a waste of time. What will be special about them? They gonna run up and peck at enemies? :p