View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 419
12-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
Thats a really biased and one sided comment there Cosmic. Because YOU and a few others don't want something the Devs shouldn't add it.
And because YOU and a few others want something the Devs should add it? That argument is just as one-sided and biased. Let's be honest here: Neither of us has any numbers and everybody in this thread is biased (CardassianNinja nailed it), else he wouldn't make the effort to post and argue. On this basis, a compromise would seem to be the most logical option, but since it's already in the game (starter NX) and people are still not satisfied ...

The inconvenient truth is that you are already having fun in the game, else you wouldn't play it. However, you want to have more fun, disregarding that this also means other players will have less fun than they had before. That's not a very good position to pull the "moral high ground" card from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Too many times I have looked to the time I will become a LtC and be forced to leave this hull behind.
Naww, nobody forces you. I stuck with my Nova (<3) for 3 tiers, and I know that quite a number of people kept their TOS Connie even up to T5. The progress is eased by slotting higher Mk gear - the worst thing about it is that you will miss out on BO powers (and I actually argued that this aspect should be able to be upgraded before).
I've also just recently grouped with an LtC who flies an NX (roleplaying it as a civilian vessel as it does stand out from contemporary Starfleet designs). So ... see it as a challenge.

It will be a little more difficult, obviously, but it won't be impossible and I don't see how, even when being in love with an anachronism, we have to resort to what basically will amount to "every single ship is the same" once every class in the game gets a T5 refit. I'd like to believe that the ships are a little more than just skins.