View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
Wow. Just wow.

May I forward your post to a person I know who was falsely labeled a sex offender on Wikipedia? Never confuse wiki and reality. The only reason its accurate about technical matters is that 99% of its users couldn't possibly spell the entry titles correctly in order to find and mutilate them. Otherwise I'm sure the entry for 'Hertz' would read: 'That's what she said.'
I'm sure that's true for a few titles like Quantum Physics or something like that, but titles like...America...are still surprisingly accurate.

Of course you can point to a lot of cases where it's wrong or incomplete, and it's never on the level that you could reference it in a paper, but aren't you the least bit surprised that it isn't full of things like;

11:00....
America!!1!!11!!11!!!!!!:
BEST ****ING NATION IN THE UNIVERSE! WE *#*$ PEOPLE UP THE *#@! LIKE NAZIS AND COMMIES!

11:40
America:
yeah, because you're all GAY! OH yeah BURN!

12:00
America:
A place where people can't stop editing their own damn country's entry because they're all to self centered...

12:10
America:
Ruled by James Preston Smith...the man with the largest ***** in the world because he's so awesome and owns everything and is super handsome and awesome.

Beacause that's what I'd expect, not this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

Which is very thorough and informative and has some pretty helpful links and historically accurate facts. And I'm pretty sure most people can spell it.