View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenking
I think it would still help with balance. Even though you can beat them, if it were balanced, feds would win a lot more.
The KDF PvPs ten times as much as the average Fed Player, and like with any skill, they have gotten better with practice. If the Fed level progression required as much PvP as the KDF does, I could see your point, but most Feds PvE their way to VA, go into PvP with only PvE builds and skills, and get absolutely pwned, and then they accuse the KDF of being OP, whether it be because of Cloaks, Battle-Cloaks, Universal slots on BoPs, or Carriers.

Many Feds don't seem to understand, the devs, and a significant portion of the PvP community, find that the game is already well balanced so long as you know what the heck you're doing.

If your initial assumption is that your gear build, tactics, and skills are fine as they are, and that your losses must stem from an unbalanced game mechanic, that's an assumption you must reexamine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Com. Data
To assume oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
By going into battle only aware how to fight in PvE, of how to fight alone, one goes into battle knowing only themselves. This is the fatal flaw inherent to the majority of PvE-spoiled Feds. Most Klingons have a leveled Fed Alt, I myself have three. I know what you can do (know my enemy), and I know what I can do (know myself) and so I am victorious.

Now, all that being said, I would be in favor of putting the Delta Flyer in-game, as well as a few KDF fighters, and having a fighter vs Shuttle PvP mode..