View Single Post
Lt. Commander
Just logged into my Tribble copy of my KDF character (this is not a Foundry Test character); and he was last on the Klingon homeworld. When I attempt to just beam up to my ship from the Klingon Homeworld; the Loading screen just sits there - makes no progress (I never get any sort of 'Server not Responding' message' but eventually, if I look at the STO app in the WinXP task manager - it states 'not responding'; and if I kill it and log in again, I get a message there was an error during map transfer of the character - and would I like to try Normal or Safe login.

I've tried both (as this has happened multiple times since the Foundry was enabled); and the character loads back onto the Q'Nos (Klingon Homeworld) ground map but again, CAN NOT transfer to Space to fly his ship or do any normal game missions whatsoever.

Unforunately, at this time, I would say their is a MAJOR issue with the wider Foundry closed beta implementation if it can't handle a simple ground to space map transfer for a player just wanting to play the game normally.

(Currently 2:30 PM PST - Thurs. 12/2/10)

FYI - I Alt Tabbed out whille writing the above - when I alt tabbed back to STO - I was at the game login prompt; and the message in red stated "Timeout while waiting for Gameserver address"