View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
As far as the lighting is concerned, all I would prefer is that, for the most part, the darker lighting of sectorspace apply to the ships while in instances. It's kind of jarring when you jump from a very realisticly lit ship in sectorspace, to a ship that seems to be lit fairly well from every angle while in space, but perhaps that just's me. Even adjusting the shading so you get an even darker shadow, almost blackness, on the dark side of a planet would add to the realism of space instances I think.

Oddly enough, I don't like how dark the ships are. Don't get me wrong.. I LOVELOVELOVE what they've done to change the looks of sector space.. love it.. but I find the ships just too dark. I'm one of the few that actually enjoys seeing their ship traveling through sector space, not to mention in none of the series or movies do they have exterior views of the ship that are *that* dark.

Personally, I'd love them to match the ship "brightness" to match the instances, rather than the other way 'round... as long as it doesn't remove the beauty that has become Sector Space.

Saith