View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Wander options don't work until pathfinding is generated upon publishing a mission. Crunching the data to determine eligible flight-paths or movement requires lots of computing power, something Cryptic handles on special servers.
While that makes sense, it also doesn't give us much chance to see what it's going to be like during the stages where we can actually change it. And anyway, I'm more interested in being able to define a set path for a mob or group of them to follow, like patrolling a perimeter, which is what I was trying to get at.

Quote:
Most enemy mobs of the same faction as you are friendly.
Yeah, I know. Didn't have a problem getting that part set up (you can also explicitly set them to friendly, IIRC)

Quote:
Y axis is for raising or lowering an object vertically.
X and Z are the horizontal and for forward/backward
The problem is that changing the Y-axis wasn't doing anything. I know what it's *supposed* to do. My suspicion is that Contact entities override the Y-axis so that they conform their placement to terrain features. Which is awesome on the ground, but not as awesome in space, where they seem to stay at y=0 even if you set it to y=100.

Quote:
There is an advanced mode. You ahve to enable it but it didn't do anything in closed beta aside from more behavior options for enemies (like chat, wander, idle, etc.)
Didn't recall seeing a switch, but if its there then that's good.