View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR (in a fleet )
==============================
- Uses Ventrilo (a must, Unfortunately I will not consider any fleet that doesn't use this)
- Fleet is PvE orientated
- a fleet that promotes teamwork
- organised leadership
- frequently does STFs and Fleet actions (this could be weekly or daily, just as long as it is regular)
- Has a organised fleet website and is the main form of offline communication for its members
- A fleet that looks after new players and guides them
- Accepts people have different ways of doing things and is open to experimentation
- Accepts people have things to do in real life and may not be able to commit to a digital world 24/7
- Tolerant of people from various racial and religious backgrounds
We have all of that, except Ventrillo... We use TS3 instead.

Considering you find vent a must I'm not sure if we're the right fit for you, but if you're interested anyway then please give this link a read.

More in-depth answers to each of the points you're looking for;
- Uses Ventrilo (a must, Unfortunately I will not consider any fleet that doesn't use this)
Like I said, we use TS3.

- Fleet is PvE orientated
We don't have a specific focus on just 1 gameplay element but cater to all gameplay elements instead, including PvE.

- a fleet that promotes teamwork
Without teamwork a fleet doesn't exist, all you have then is a bunch of randomly gathered people under the same banner. We have a good community going in the 12th fleet though, just check our general forums if you want an example. I find it hard to answer this specific point, it's probably better if you see so for yourself.

- organised leadership
Our admiralty is set up in such a way that we're as transparant as we can be to our members. We have 2 weekly meetings and publish the minutes of these meetings the next day for all to read. You can find these minutes back in our fleet magazine too.
We have several divisions in our fleet each with their own leaders and advisors, we also have sub leaders in the forum of captains who are your direct point of contact and that can help you out with a lot of issues already. We always have somebody higher up available if they're not available.

- frequently does STFs and Fleet actions (this could be weekly or daily, just as long as it is regular)
I believe we have 2 different teams that run these missions weekly. I'm 100% sure we have at least one such a team. I don't know how many spontaneous runs are organized though.

- Has a organised fleet website and is the main form of offline communication for its members
www.12th-fleet.com
We have over 50k posts and over 4200 topics there, it's very actively being used and it's in fact hard for me to keep up with everything being posted there. :p

- A fleet that looks after new players and guides them
We have a special sub forum dedicated to guides/hints/tips/tricks, we have articles in our fleet magazine with interesting guides, we have a specific channel on TS3 to help new people with and in general people in the fleet are stimulated to help each other out.

- Accepts people have different ways of doing things and is open to experimentation
One of our admirals specializes in experimenting... It causes quite a mess but it's usually a lot of fun too.

- Accepts people have things to do in real life and may not be able to commit to a digital world 24/7
This is the main reason why we have so many people in our fleet. We're fully aware that casual gameplay is much more preferred then hardcore gaming. The average age in our fleet is 31+ and many of our members have a family outside the game too. Right now we have over 200 active members and a total number of 400, the ones currently not active are out enjoying their life. When they become active again they're still in the fleet and can just continue where they left off.

- Tolerant of people from various racial and religious backgrounds
We have a firm rule against discrimination of any kind and don't tolerate drama. I'm happy to say that we have very little incidents considering the amount of members in our fleet. Mostly people are just out to have a fun time and enjoy themselves.

Like I said; we don't have vent and if this is a breakpoint for you then it's too bad because I do think that besides that point we have pretty much everything you're looking for and more. I also think you'd fit in well in the fleet, I appreciate people who can offer me critics and don't just agree with the masses.