View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
No, it doesn't. That's where I disagree already. It will matter if there are two groups with perfect tactics and builds working agaisnt each other, but that never happens.
Other aspects define the gameplay far more. And I like it that way.

The entire Emblem Hunt is mostly pointless. There is currently exactly one item that you should probably have - the item that increases your shield capacity. Beyond that, emblem hunting is just for the nice fuzzy feel of having "all purples". It's not to beat a STF, a Fleet Action, a storyline episode or an enemy PvP team.
LOL WAT?

the entire emblem hunt pointless?

The whole game of STO, is based around reward hunting. Everything from explore marks to PVP badges to mission rewards all offer rewards to get better gear from stores. If you took all this and just offer missions with no rewards other than XP and see how long the game lasts, STO would be dead overnight. Just look at the the people crying about the breen officer and wheres mah TOS phaser reward i want one! QQ! MOAR!

As for emblems being pointless, Wrong. You pretty much need co variant cap x3 + field generator (why i asked for shield rebalance) and +26 weapon consoles, not to mention the entire STO economy and exchange prices are based around the supply and demand of unbound gear which the easiest way to get is to buy from emblems.

I bet your one of those federation players that goes into PVP with any old setup and is the first to die because he's the squishy one, then comes onto forums to cry how klingons are OP

FACT is that the emblem hunt (once you have completed all the missions) is pretty much STO's end game as there is nothing else to do. Apart from PVP and griefing people in drozana and Kerat.