View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm trying to figure out the best way to create an objective where you rescue a hostage. All I could think of was putting the instructions to do so in the mission dialogue and then create an NPC contact that thanks you for rescuing them. Is there a better way to do this?

Also, is it possible to create a mission where two different objectives are active at the same time? Like would it be possible to rescue hostages and defeat enemy groups? When I tried this with the NPC contact, the objective to speak to the contact would only activate after the defeat enemy groups objective was complete. Any suggestions on what would be the best way to create a mission with multiple enemy groups and hostages?
yes you can do two things at once

so for example you can set up a kill encounter and then if you drop another kill encounter or scan object or talk to contact on top of the existing kill encounter two routes open up.

you still have to complete both but you can do it in which ever order you like.

as for a hostage the best way is either to set up a contact that you have to talk to or you can set up a reach marker in the room where they are so when you hit the reach marker the dialogue then pops up thanking you. its pretty much the same. you i guess you could do multiple reach markers in multiple room by dragging them ontop of each other.