In order to fake "Holodeck functionality"...
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by
... The Foundry needs to give us the ability to instantly return to the mission starting point.
Here's the mission I created :
1) On ESD visit the Starfleet liason.
2) She gives you the "Holodeck" mission, instructing you to go to the "Holodeck", one of the doors located in the red area of the ESD lower level.
3) Upon reaching the door, a message pop-up appears with the Starfleet liason saying "The program is ready. You can enter." A button saying "Enter holodeck" is displayed.
4) Upon clicking "Enter Holodeck" you are immediately taken to the space mission map.
5) After completing the mission objectives, you can only return to sector space, and then fly back to ESD to complete the mission, thus breaking the "Holodeck" illusion.
In order for it to work properly, The Foundry needs to allow us to use a Marker object to return to wherever we want, in this case - ESD, in the lower level. (Currently you can only use Markers to take you to a ground or interior map tha's on the small list. A selection for origin point would be awesome.)
It wouldn't hurt to give us a Holodeck interior either. (After all, it's just a small room with a yellow grid pattern on the walls.
If there already IS a way to do what I'm trying to do, please save me from my ignorance.
I had the same problem with my mission. Dont worry I'm sure they'll add this in eventually.