View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Whoever has the most players is going to win that one. Not cause people are that corrupt, but I looked over that survey, and many of those MMOs I'd never even heard of before, much less played. Can't really fairly weigh their pros and cons against STO's then, can I?

Note, I said fairly... I'm cynical enough to vote unfairly.

Just saying, that goes for most people... probably shouldn't go and get our hopes up.

Well, that would WoW by default - right?

Anyway....

Base your decision on what you know - plan and simple because your vote is for your opinion based on your experience. So if you have no experience with the other titles then they surely have not been interesting enough to you to get your attention or you simply were not in the target market for them or maybe they failed to reach you as a consumer for whatever reason. Nonetheless, voting for what you know is better than not voting at all.

With that said, if you are super concerned to give everything a go before voting just to gauge things equally then you do have until January to give them all a try or you could do some homework on them.

Shoot, when I vote in normal elections I take the time to read all the candidate policy statements and if they dont have one on a specific topic that is their loss. I also weigh that with the ones I know of first hand and I also check public records when there are some available but I'm crazy like that...