View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The Captain as talker would be nice. That's a feature they should in their own missions, too.
It is something I'd rather not see, personally.

The BOffs and such, they can say things that are their duty to say. And while they are my crew, they are still NPCs, so someone else taking control of them is more acceptable.

The captain isn't. He's something of the player's design. He might always make references to poetry and plays. He might be exceptionally chatty. He might only say what needs to be said. Whatever he is, it belongs to the player. Their choice, not the writer of the mission.

Now, multiple answers, that, on the other hand, adds to it, as players can pick the one that is most appropriate to their captain...potentially anyway, since currently doing that tends to result in mission failure

But once we get that in the foundry, I expect we'll see players making some more intricate conversation trees, closer to the bioware games, a bit more of a chance to roleplay.

Anyway, the short of it, giving my captain choices of what to say good, putting words in my captain's mouth bad.