Thread: Spawncamping
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I haven't seen a problem with spawncamping in C+H, but killing ships in that one isn't the point. Arena, however, is a different story.

The problem, I believe, is the fed tendency to take the fedball concept too literally. They team up, drop mines and stay at the spawn on the impression it gives them instant reinforcements. This could not be further from the truth.

Any decent KDF team is able to kill a ship and work their way around in a cycle, so that they are only facing two or three enemies at once - and all along, the feds are respawning peicemeal straight into the fight. I've done it as a klink, and had it done to me as a fed. And if the klinks get their rhythm, the match is a white wash.

The solution to this is to follow a simple procedure - as soon as you spawn for the first time, team so you can see who needs heals, and get the heck away from the spawn!

If you engage the enemy over the centre of the field, it means both sides have a delay with reinforcements, players can get their bearings when they respawn, and its easier to regroup if needed. Plus you have additional space to play around with.

Ker'rat is a different matter. But then, it has a tendency to throw same faction on different teams. That zone has more bugs than Zindi insectoid world.