View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-09-2010, 01:58 PM
There seems to be some confusion, so let me try to clear up some points:

1. I do have fun doing the dailies and think that the daily missions and the feature episodes are the best thing that the STO team has done post-launch. In fact, i wish all sector blocks had a different assortment of repeatable dailies. What I am bemoaning is the time investment that is lost.

2. I have no intention of not beating this mission. If it takes me another year, and another 10 failed attempts I will beat it. And, in fact, since i know where i went wrong, i am 95% confident that my next attempt will be a success since I will have adapted my strategy.

3. I am no longer saying that a punishment should not be in place, but the punishment should be reduced. What I am now suggesting is a compromise of a 1-day cooldown timer on the mission in case of a failure. This still gives a price to pay in case you fail, but you can still repeat the mission in a reasonable amount of time.

5. The 5-day time approximation was based on that there is an average of 2 Cores dropped per attempt, with a person playing that mission once a day. It personally took me 6 missions which i did over a month, and the quickest time you could do it, assuming a 2 core drop per completion, is 4 days and 4 hours.

Again, not saying that there shouldn't be a price, but that the price is currently too high IMHO.