View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Hav just put up this video tutorial. It's kind of a work around that may help you on interior maps.

Check it out:

How to Ditch Your Away Team
Thanks, I'll watch that after I've made a coffee. Long night authoring last night

lol "load screen of doom"

That's awesome! So it doesn't even register the away team with this method.

It's a bit of a clunky workaround, I mean you have to spawn in the corner of a room every time, which is a bit creepy lol.

Also, you'll still be forced to choose your away team before entering the ground map. I want it so that "choose your away team" window can be turned off on a per-map basis, because common sense dictates that some maps just need your captain to stick his head in for five minutes and pick up the back story before leaving on the actual mission. If they don't want us to do that, why did they put all those freakin' doors everywhere?

There are so many story reasons to not have the away in team in tow all the time.

I do have a slightly more satisfying workaround. I don't know if you've tried it. The 'Kill Target" button lol It takes a while to get them all 'cos they keep trying to revive each other.