View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I sympathise with you OP, but this is not going to change especially when we have GMs and devs advocating the following as balanced:

1) klingons have carriers which can pet spam the crap out of Arenas and C and H...zerg and hold as i like to call it when I play klink side *face palm* (but obviously this is balance and dont quesiton it cuz you are just labelled as a bad pilot) + the carriers do nice DPS + they suppory quite well and quite a bit of hull on them after the shields drop.

2) BOP ...mini raider that can tank with the best of our front-line cruisers and carry better shield heals than any of our cruisers can (TSS3/EPTS3/RSP3), ofcourse out turn any of them as well *double face palm*

NOTE: Yes i saw the video Zorena posted above, his shields were down and he took a tric mine or tric torp like a pro after staying in combact for a good amount of time...but that is expected. 23k+ dmg while other ships are wooping on you as well admist of combat, yeah that tric is gonna rip you apart. Even then registering a hit like that does not come around every corner.

3) Orion Patrol cruiser aka Fed Star cruiser but just better with pets and more crew
3a) Negh'var class cruiser with the same hull and shields as the galaxy retrofit but of course better turn rate (6 deg vs 9 deg base turn rate)

4) Frigate pets really? Cuz the fact that we have to kill a swarm of 26k hp BOP pets with shields was not cool enough haha

5) Klink Mine Spam + Pet spam + sci photonic ship spam coupled with Fed sci photonic spam + fed mines = Game client lag and targetting nightmare

If you use Tab to target with all this spam, good luck. And Trying to find the target your team-mates are calling on in all of this mess its just WTH..Babylon 5 aint got nothing on this..LOLZ

6) The more carriers you have the better your team becomes + numbers game FTW. Spam those pets all doing 5-6k avg on fed hulls.. cuz 5 vs 40 is just so balanced in some peoples books! ..LOL.

7) Our so called "Dreadnought" can be ousted by a BOP
(Gal-LOL-xy X) as i have heard some klinks refer to it as.

All i am saying is seriously fail to see the above as balanced or to be advocated as balance.

Canon? This is a game you cant really argue canon here but i do agree that the above is getting a little bit out of hand. Also i find it quite a double standard that some klinks argue.. oh but we have to have our "uniqueness" when they have had no complaints in recieving the Star Cruiser nicely giftwrapped with pets.