View Single Post
Lt. Commander
Ok Hi there everyone, especially STO staff and developers;

First thing I have to say is so far Season 3 is awesome! . . . . . . . . but chasing after these special random drop bound particles is frustrating.

I have made it to Vice Admiral, I am also a co-leader of a fleet, I have unlocked everything in the new crafting station, so that I can provide our fleet members with cool stuff. . . But even though it may have been a great idea for the developers to find a use for the level 1 particles (you have to use lvl. 1 particles to make schematics and you need schematics to make items) I really honestly think it needs to be reworked. . .

But I spent 4 to 5 hours last night farming in the Delta Volanis Cluster farming level 1 particles so I can make those schematics, and hope I can find those bound particles, all to find only 7 Dog Gone bound particles. . . And not enough of each to craft 1 single purple item. . . 4-5 hours is all my playtime for a night. . . Less most of the time.

I now think that the random drop bound particles (that we players can't give to any of our fleet members who are crafters or send any to our alternate characters who are crafters must be STO's way of controlling how much we can craft. WHY?

Why do I have to waste 4-5 hours of my time to do crafting that is suppose to be fun, and that is just to get the level 1 particles and try to get the special bound particles. . . Hey Developer peoples, NOT FUN!

If crafting is available to both races or sides now, why do we have a need to control how much we can make? I don't get it? So even though I couldn't create anything very special (Purple) I had a great idea. . .

Here is my great idea; I would take the quest to explore Delta Volanis Cluster so I would be earning level 1 explorer points while I farmed for level 1 particles. . . Then I would trade in those level 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 explorer points in for green items that you can get at the Federation Ship Yard to put in the Fleet Bank for our lower members to use. . . . . But guess what I found out?

And perhaps didn't notice before? After turning in hundreds of explorer points of different levels, I took the items to put them in the fleet bank only to find that they were all bound to ME!!!!! NOOOOOOOO! What in the world is STO thinking? Are they afraid (sarcasm) we will turn in our explorer points and get those ALL POWERFUL GREEN items and make our Fleet members too powerful? Why can't we decide who should get those items. You let us earn the level 1 explorer points at Vice Admiral by letting us do the missions, what in the world am I suppose to do with bound level 2 items I am a Vice Admiral???? Now that I wasted all those explorer points?

It doesn't make sense to me to let us do missions, and get items, that we would not ever use, and then make them bind to us on pick up. . . WHY? It just seems dumb to me. . .

At this rate I will have enough bound particles to make all purple items for my ship in about a week, but I have 4 ships. . . So that is 4 weeks of farming not doing anything else fun, but farming particles. . . Oh and then there are my Fleet members who want me to outfit their ships with really good items, so there is about 12 people in our Fleet and I am the only crafter so far, and how many months of farming will outfiting their ships add up to? . . .

I thought you were introducing a profession system and that is crafting ship weapons and parts, but at this rate . . . I will never get my Fleet Mates set up to fight Borg. . . And YES we know there are other ways to get good weapons, but if your introducing a profession, then why cripple it? Why make it so incredibly hard, that it is more of a responsibility than a fun game to play? If your not making a profession system, then what the heck is crafting for? . . . Please enlighten us. . . Please!

Thanks for all of your patience and time to read my frustrating tale and the questions. . .
Sincerely Tigermorph