View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
The question is in the rewards and mission setup. Lessons from the UGC tool-set in City of Heroes have shown that if players, as authors, are given power over ability selection of NPC's as well as enemy placements, someone will find a way to exploit things as long as there is a reward system. In my experience, there's no such thing as a full proof system, so I'd rather err on the side of caution.
I think you could make added NPC options that the foundry could recognize and take into account and then make the nec subtractions or additions to the reward system.

For example: you choose story NPC from a drop down menu then the system sets a flag for that NPC and tells the server not to give any credit or rewards based on that NPC.
Once you click story NPC then you could do pretty much what ever you wanted to do with that NPC's stats, but no matter what, the flag is set and that NPC cannot give any credit to the player except in terms of mission completion or an objective solved and if you get 200 skillpoints for a mission completion under a normal situation then because you have a flagged story NPC you then get 100 skill points at the end and no mission reward item.

I think what people are saying is not out of the realm of possibilities, and I hope they give the idea some thought to allowing players to make NPC changes beyond cosmetic changes.

I think I see one of those exploitable possibilities, but I have full confidence that they could shore up those possibilities and test it out to make sure that it is working as it should.

I personally don't want to make easier mobs myself, but I can see why for story reasons some might want a 1 shotter for their mission for some sort of story effect.
I would love to be able to make insanely powerful bosses and give them abilities that could insta-pop a group if they shoot the boss at the wrong time.