View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
First, no they weren't vague. They said the reward would stop being given out on December 9th when Season 3 went live and that's what happened.

Secondly, I'm not being mean, I'm being honest.

Look, when a full-grown adult deliberately sticks his hand into a fire and then comes to me looking for sympathy he gets none. It's not the fire's fault that he got burned it's his fault, and I'm going to say so. I'm going to say something like; "John, you're my friend and I love you, but stop sticking your hand in the fire!"

The OP's complaint isn't that Cryptic didn't give notice, the complaint is that Cryptic didn't give him sufficient notice. And my reply to that is; "They put notice right up here on the forums. If you didn't find that notice then you have no one to blame but yourself."

Now I can see how in today's ultra-liberal, PC, no-one's-a-loser world how that may seem mean, but it isn't. It's simply me saying; "Quit blaming other people for your mistakes. Man-up and take responsibility for your own actions."
Brutal honesty, like my Grandmother's, and like mine when pushed to frustration, certainly can't hold that against you.

Well I do not believe in giving out sympathy either, it engenders dependence. A little empathy with the truth about the value of the item and a funny story to absorb some of the sting from the lesson never hurt anyone.