View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
One thing to keep in mind as well is accuracy. Excess accuracy turns into a higher crit rate.
You know, I think that might be it right there. I misunderstood how excess accuracy worked. When I read it I thought you had to get over 100% accuracy bonus to get better critical percentage. But, I missed the part about the base accuracy being 95%, so even if you have a 10% bonus you're already over by 5%. Since Attack Vectors boosts both accuracy and critical percentage the end result is more of a boost to criticals than just the critical percentage (when the person has no defense, which they wouldn't in my tests since they aren't moving).

It also helps explain why my critical damage results are usually slightly above 150%. Although the bonus to critical percentage seems a lot larger than the bonus to critical damage.

Thanks for helping me clear that up.

So, I guess the short answer is if the target has sufficient defense, then you're going to get 4.5% criticals, but if they don't, you'll get more than that since your accuracy will be above 100. This also reinterates just how important it is to keep moving for the defense bonus, since otherwise you'll not only get hit more, but take more damage from criticals.