View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-18-2010, 02:45 AM
It seems to me that players who use a Vulcan character don't deserve special treatment. I refuse to compromise using emotional responses just because some idiot wants a "Vulcan" Captain with no emotions. Who would do such a thing? The Emotional conflict between Vulcans and the rest of the Galaxy is beyond the considerations of Decent Story telling. I would rather have Players become emotionally invested in the story line... If some one chooses a Vulcan character to play then that is their problem not mine...

Sometimes a story just can't work with players that make things difficult and I'm not going to worry about 1% of a player base....

Good Stories evoke an emotional response from the consumer and that should be a prime consideration for dialogue. The Vulcan Factor is a "non-starter" for me. Screw all that... I'm not going to dumb-down anything just because some moron wants an "un-emotional robot-like" response...

The problems of Vulcan Commanders interacting with Humans is well documented and beyond the normal development of human-based stories... Now if We had some means of altering a story due to different species of players I would consider it an option... As it stands now my stories are for Normal Humans with emotions... If that doesn't suit someone's weird character then that's just tough.... I'm not going to lose Any sleep over it...