View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 66
12-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
It took me 21 tries over three weeks of play before I was lucky enough to get into a PUG that was finally able to finish Infected...

I tried The Cure four times and then said the hell with it.

I'm not a "Fleet" kinda player, so that option isn't available to me.

It finally dawned on my thick skull that the STF's just were not worth the bother for a mostly solo player (who BTW, has been playing the game almost daily, since March) and since the rewards to me, weren't all that great anyway, I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.

Now, on-the-other-hand, they are about to put a reward into them that I find interesting and would probably like to have...

Sooo... I can understand the OP's point of view.

For those of you that ARE actually kinda-sorta acting like "Elitist-STF'ers", they may not be much of a challenge, but I'll bet my last bottom-dollar, that there are just as many of us "Not-So-Great" players that find the STF's impossible.

It does seem to me that for 98% of the game (not counting PvP which I also suck at and don't even try anymore) to be such, that I can do it alone and reap the rewards that Grouped players also can get...
...for the Dev's to suddenly put interesting rewards into a part of the game that someone like me will probably never have a shot at ..., Just Isn't Fair (and please take note...I an NOT a Lifer, I pay my $15 bucks a month, every month also).

I applaud all you folks that have finished all the available STF's and wish I could do the same.. . but I too, think there should be other ways for the rest of us to be able to obtain the new BORG Gear.
Check out my fleet. we will happily run through it with you quite quickly. I ran it with a new guy i mean less than a month old and it was one of the fastest runs ever actually if i recall correctly it was with 2 people who never did it before.
just join up with people who know some inkling of what to do. a group of people who dont know what to do still dont know what to do.

heck im online right now we can chat

forums.veteransofwar.com pop an app and ill make sure to personally take care of it.